Monday, July 22, 2013

Girls weekend!

I just returned home from a girls art weekend with my Long time girly friend Missy Trent   Be sure to check her blog @LaLaVagabond.blogspot.com

We had a wonderful time and it was so relaxing I didn't want to leave. Ill be going back in a couple of weeks to work on other projects that we started.

We tried our hand at painting wine glasses with Pebeo 150 porcelain paints. Can be purchased through Dickblick.com


Here is a sample of what we made so far. I enjoyed the process but found I liked the regular paint better than the pearlized version.

We also decided to play with paper clay and made these really cute Mermaids
Meet Mable and Penelope  they're best buds of the sea. They each have a starfish box to hold secret treasures. 



I can't wait to dive into more sculpting. I really enjoyed it. 

Now it's time to unwind and dive into more art projects!!

Have a blessed day!

1 comment:

Terri said...

Hello Artful Soul,
I am happy to visit you at your fab blog.
Your glass art is great. I have never tried anything like that. How fun!
And your two mermaids, Mable and Penelope are wonderful too! They truly are sweet maids!
Hugs,
Terri

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)