Friday, July 12, 2013

Oatmeal Cookies




Time is certainly going fast this summer, I thought that was only supposed to happen when you're a child. Lol

I've been thoroughly enjoying each day playing outside, cherishing each moment I get with my fur babies and my granddaughter. I have a really amazing "farmer" tan. Silly

I've been trying new things lately. Baking without white flour. I've discovered oat flour and coconut flour. I've noticed that these flours are much more dense and require a moisture binder ( additional egg and or applesauce). I made some fabulous oatmeal raisin cookies with sunflower seeds and dark chocolate chips. I altered a recipe and made it my own. They were moist and chewy and oh sooo good. 

Recipe

1 1/3 c. Rolled oats
1 c. Oat flour ( you may use 1/2 c whole wheat and 1/2 c. oat)
1t baking powder
1/2t baking soda
1/2 c light brown sugar
1/2 c raw sugar
1/2 t cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 heaping cup applesauce
2 T un-salted butter melted
1t vanilla
1/4 c honey
1/4 c raisins
1/4 c dark chocolate chips
1/4 c sunflower seeds

Heat oven to 375 degrees

Mix first 4 dry ingredients in smaller bowl

In separate larger bowl mix egg, honey, applesauce, melted butter, vanilla and sugars. 
Slowly add dry ingredients to large bowl of of wet ingredients. Mix well then add raisins, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips 

Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment lined baking sheet 2 inches apart. I used a seasoned baking stone without the parchment paper. 

Bake 10-12 mins. Move to wire rack to cool
Store in a sealed container. They are even moister and chewier the next day. Yum!

So now that I'm craving cookies lol

I took a break to water my garden and look what I found!


Looks like I'm going to be making some cucumber salsa. Oh and of course cucumber sandwiches for the mad hatter tea party tomorrow!

It's my first one so I've been trying to figure out what to so. I don't have a tea set. Then it hit me!!!

I hope it turns out how I'm hoping! 

See you all tomorrow!  
Have a splendid day!!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)