Monday, January 4, 2010

Boom Boom Boom









BOOM BOOM BOOM! Nothing like a little Black Eyes Peas to get your day started!

 I was a good girl today, I woke up, ate my packet of oatmeal and my bowl of special K with blueberries. Didn't smoke before my workout. I did have a cup of coffee; that's just an automatic get out of bed and no one mess with me until I've had a cup requirement.
Today Ashley ( my PT )  has my focus on arms.
OMG one of the things she had me do was a press with a hammer curl and a row in one movement and to save my life I couldn't do it right. My brain went into complete retard mode. It was comical to say the least.  My workout ended with 100 tricep extensions and 100 bicep curls. Yeah I won't be lifting my arms later! HA

So I guess this is my first journal entry of 2010. I did end up switching to the moleskin. I have been challenged with no place to do my art. You see my art room doubles as a spare bedroom and well, I've had company for quite some time staying in there which is fine but I cannot focus or do my best when I don't have my supplies handy or my little corner of the world to do it in. It just doesn't work for me. I guess this will continue to be a bit of a challenge for me for awhile since I don't always stay at my home either. I spend alot of time helping take care of my mother and I drag my stuff back and forth. I wish there was a simpler method to this. And I'm rambling. So here it is I haven't picked up a paint or watercolor in months and I know I should have been regardless; however I am doing it now. I only allowed myself to work with my Neocolor crayons, colored pencils, Pitt artist pens and my Sakura Gellyroll pens oh and a few artist markers. I guess I wasn't in the mood to draw I was in doodle mode for this because words kept popping into my head faster than I could get them down.The prompt was Winter and what does it mean to me? To me it is new beginnings. The weather turns cold and everything becomes dormant. Time to regenerate. Kill off the bad ju ju. Just as it does in nature.

 I felt like bright cheery colors this day instead of the monochromatic colors of winter. Bright colors tend to make you happier. I tend to get more depressed during the winter months but I've discovered that taking vitamin D everyday seems to help ( thanks mom!) It makes sense given the fact that we absorb the majority of our Vitamin D through natural sunlight and the days are shorter in the winter and we aren't out in the sunshine near as much.  Yep that makes alot of sense! 

My next journal entry I will challenge myself to layers and more of a collage style.

I wish the snow wasn't melting outside, I'd really like to get out my camera and take some pics of icicles and trees! I hear we are supposed to have more snow this week so this will have to wait. Meanwhile I'm off to clean up my little art mess and figure out what to make the hubby for dinner! Hmmm Chicken?

1 comment:

Missy Trent said...

Very nice, Lori!
I do appreciate you participating! I posted the newest art journal prompt on my blog!
Happy journaling!
Hugs! Missy

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)