Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Update

I've been too busy for anything for me so I've decided enough is enough. I closed the salon and just put one in my house
As you can see.. I'm keeping pretty busy!

I've been making art some of which I will post soon!  This one I painted for my salon area to fill in the blank wall  Just a fun quirky little piece.


My true love has been my yard this spring. I've done so much I don't know where to even begin. 

The first thing I did was build an Herb garden with bricks. I planted cilantro, sweet basil, Greek oregano, Italian oregano, curry ( boy that one smells STRONG) Sage, 3 kinds of Thyme, Marjoram, Chamomile. I can't wait for tea!  Lets see, what else? Oh. Rosemary, Lemon Balm, different mints but those I potted. They go nuts! I planted a few more. I will take pics and post as they grow.

I've also added a vegetable garden
Super excited to watch it grow!
I can't wait for fresh tomatoes.. It kills me to have to buy them at the store.. yuck!

That's all for today.. see you soon!

No comments:

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)