Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Miniature gardens

So this is it, one of my latest obsessions, miniature gardens or fairy gardens. Depends on how you wish to see thing!

I personally have both. I started these last summer and had so much fun creating them that now that I'm home I'm sure I will obsess even more. I will be constantly keeping an eye out at garage sales and send hand boutiques for containers and objects to build with. I won't keep them all, I will give some away and some I will sell. I have no room for much more! 

This was the first one I made last summer. I used perennial ground cover in it as a back drop. I just have to keep thinning it out which is great I can use it in other plantings!

As you can see its well established. I made my little flip flops out of clay as well as the chiminea. My granddaughter is obsessed with it and has rearranged the rocks. I just left it as is. It sat on my patio table all through summer and winter. This year I decided to make a display for it so I got out an old chair I had in the garage and painted it, this was the result

I finally found it a permanent home in the yard
Oops I guess that was a screen shot. 
Oh well!
This year I made a fairy garden or two and counting....  I'm giving some as gifts
I can't possibly keep them all! 




I have sooo many projects to post I can't wait to share. 

I was at Michaels the other day and found these cute little cupcake papers on clearance
and decided heck I can make cupcakes. There are always people at my house so they won't go to waste. I ended up scanning over different recipes I wanted to make something summery and I ran across a recipe for cherry lime aid cupcakes. Yummo!  I used cherry 7up. Frozen lime aid and the juice from maraschino  cherries in the batter in place of the water. So tasty! For the frosting which was almost a flop at first I ended up folding cool whip into my original frosting because I ran out of powdered sugar and the consistency was all wrong. I also added lime zest. The result was so good I will do the same thing in the future.  I will post the recipe


























(Recipe found on this blog)
http://m.lawrence.com/weblogs/the-flying-fork/2011/aug/8/cherry-limeade-in-a-cake/?templates=mobile

I'm a great cook but a little rusty at baking but now I have time to perfect it me thinks!

Until next time. Have a splendid day!

1 comment:

Missy Trent said...

Welcome back!!!!! This makes me smile big!!!!! Xo

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)