Thursday, April 9, 2009

My little dream


I have a little dream of a little cottage in the country with a little garden full of fresh vegetables and herbs. Beds full of flowers and beautiful greenery. Nestled in the trees within the back of the garden is my little pond. Beside the pond is my little cottage of dreams. I walk in and before my eyes is my little piece of heaven. It's wonderfully painted walls, crisp little curtains blowing in the breeze. All of my favorite little pieces of art surround me. I turn on my music you know the kind that touches your soul and makes your creative spirit soar. I light my favorite scent of the day and today it is cucumber apple..mmmm it smells so fresh and clean. I walk over to the sink and glance out of the little window and watch the bunnies dance in the garden. I love the bunnies, I always leave the bottom few tomatoes for them to munch on so they don't destroy the rest of my savory vegetables. I make myself a nice tall glass of raspberry iced tea. "Hmmm it's such a beautiful day." I think to myself and then it hits me. My next little piece of creativity. What will it look like? Will it be pink or green or many colors? Will it be textured or smooth? Will it be like everything else or will it be completely different?

I walk over to my art table and take a seat. I reach for a canvas and begin to prime it with gesso.
Humming to the tune on the radio and in my own little bliss a little bird flies through the window. He sits in the window sill studying me as I work. I wonder what this little bird is thinking? Oh no he is flying over here! Ohhh little bird! you stepped in my paint! Well I may as well use your little feet since you've already gone and done it. Silly little bird.

Now how does this all turn out? I guess I will just have to go with it and see what comes of it.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)