
I have been working on a painting for my daughter, a mermaid. I've made a few different attempts and wasn't real pleased with the results. I finally came up with this one. It's not complete but I have enough done to at least get something posted. I am also a fan of some types of fantasy art so I thought I would try my hand at it. I've had fun making this one. Her scales were made by mixing structure gel in with acrylic paint. It gives a really thick consistency. On the bottom where you see the black is actual sand mixed with gesso and painted over. I will eventally post the finished paintingwhen I have it completed. Hmmm what should I name her?
I may not be blogging for the next few days. We have family coming in from Texas for spring break. My husbands sister and her kids. We will be taking them around the city and doing different things. I thought about taking them to the Museum of Old World Treasures. They have real dinosaur fossils put together in life size and an actual mummy among many other things. They should all get a kick out of that. I love going and just looking at the old artifacts and antiques.
I can't wait for spring to arrive! I want to plant a garden this year. Yes I know that was random, I am getting tired. LOL I tend to babble when I am tired. Sometimes I even get the giggles!
Have a terrific weekend!

No comments:
Post a Comment