Thursday, March 5, 2015

Being Creative

I just love being creative and making new things!  If I could only do that I'd be content! There just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me, I'm sure any one of you can relate to that!

I can't believe a month has gone by and I haven't posted! Where did the time go? 

Let me bring you up to speed on my DLP journal

The prompt was DONT stop til you get enough. Is it really ever enough? 
I did go in and change the lettering on this as I was not pleased with this. I just haven't taken a picture.


You wouldn't believe how many layers of paint I have on this. I love the Dylusions journal. It holds up so so well and the pages flatten right back out!

Next prompt: Covering up the good stuff!
I wrote down my private thoughts all over both pages then began covering with gesso and paint then paper and more paint. Guess I was in a Steam punky mode on this day ( I just Love Steam punk) and no Steampunk is complete without a Hot Air Balloon
Naturally I've gone back and journaled on this and added some extra touches  I may post a pic of this again later! 
 
Moving on to week 7 I believe
Prompt: It's worth repeating



I will journal inside the paper dolls later

I'm now in the process of the latest prompt which I will post another day. I hope to finish it by tomorrow. 

On a side note, I've been doing other Art. I created this lovely little juggler for an art trade. She iwas painted on a canvas board. I'm also making a larger one for myself to display in my art room


Also I e been practicing Watercoloring. I never quite had the hang of it until my friend Missy showed me some tips and then it just clicked! ( thank you Missy)



A Bookmark I made for an exchange

                       Spring ATC



             My messy Art Room!


                        Tee Hee!
 
Until next time!  Stay warm! Be creative and laugh as much as you can!!

Xo
Lori











No comments:

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)