Saturday, February 7, 2015

Journaling

I'm a week behind in posting. I promised myself to do it at least weekly however my Father in law passed away and we had to go to Texas for a few days. It's been tough but things are getting better.

I've been trying to discipline myself to journal more. By participating in the DLP I've found that it allows me to not be so picky and hard on myself. It's ok to be messy. I've always been afraid to layer and cover things up. I've felt like everything should be hand drawn. I'm learning that this isn't so. I can combine elements. Hand drawn, stamped images, doodles.  It's all ok.  Anything goes and it doesn't matter because it's mine. I can choose to let others see or not. 
So now I'm keeping different journals for different things. 
I ordered the Dylusions large journal for the DLP and at first I was overwhelmed because it is so big but I absolutely LOVE the paper in it, you can do anything to it and it doesn't warp or curl and I like the larger work area. I want to order the small one now.

Ok on to weeks 4 and 5. Week 4. The challenge was Writing and the prompt was words with friends. I struggled with this one not knowing what to do or which direction to go I finally came up with what I wanted at the last minute. 
All hand drawn. I used acrylic paints, colored pencils, acrylic ink, sigma white pen a cheap rubber stamp and a paint marker.  I didn't have to dig too deep. This quote to me is all encompassing.

Week 5 the challenge was Under paper. That's your paper that catches everything under your work. It's typically doodled on stamped on painted inked etc. the prompt was What lies beneath. So there I sat. I found my under papers and found parts I wanted to use and glued it on with matte gel medium in layers and I just stared at it. I had an Idea of what I wanted but I let it sit for a day. The next morning I grabbed my paints and just started painting  

I was actually pleased with how it turned out   Sorry for the sideways picture. It just shows more detail that way. 

I had helpers hanging out with me while I was painting 
Pug babies

Bella

Snotz

My faithful little companions!  They make me smile everyday.  My kids are all grown and living their own lives. These Pug babies save me from empty nest syndrome  I'm so grateful to have them. 
There is no other love like the love of a dog!

With this. I'll wish you all a great day! 

Xoxox

Lori






About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)