Sunday, January 25, 2015

New Beginnings

Hey everyone!
This is going to be a lengthy post since I'm so far behind! Grab a cup of coffee and kick your feet up! Here we go!

Well here we are in our 4 th week of the New Year already! Time sure does fly by!
I've been so busy and I've been challenging myself creatively. 

I took a trip last weekend to see my dear friend Missy. We always have so much fun together. I wish we lived closer. I keep hoping someday. When we get together, we usually have some sort of creative project in mind. 
I picked her up and we drove my mom to Kansas City to see her bestie then Missy and I drove on to Lawrence and did a little shopping. We went to an old bookstore in search of vintage books. Our goal for the weekend, bookbinding! Well we found the perfect books in the children's section. Cute! Then we were off to Yokahama for Sushi.  I don't do Sushi but I had the most delicious Bulgogi I've ever tasted!
Once we finished dinner we were off to start our creative weekend!  We made the trek back to her place to get started. We wound up making two books. One from an actual book
(This is just the base of mine, I still need to finish my cover)

We then made books from scratch! How fun!




We also did an online class with Jane Davenport. Whimsical Faces. Here is the result
 I always hate leaving my dear dear friend. Always eager for the next Visit! 

Once home, I continued making books as I ended up selling a few. I find this very  enjoyable and plan to get even more creative with it!

Once home it was time to tackle the Art room. It's constantly evolving as I add more stuff. My hubby moved it into a larger room for me over the weekend which got me extra inspired. I've been making things to decorate it with. It's an ongoing thing. Eventually I'd like new furniture. I will find old pieces to refinish and distress as I go. 




I decided I needed a shelf and a fairy for inspiration so one late night. I painted this little shelf and made this little Art Doll.
 I just love her!


I still have so much more to talk about but I think I will save it for tomorrow!  

I started The Documented Life Project
And I haven't posted anything from it yet!

Have a beautiful day! 












No comments:

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)