
You know I have been doing hair for 25 years and I have spent the last 10 teaching. I have trained all over and have learned so much. I have so many fun things to share with others that I have learned over the years. I used to have my students make lip Balm in class when I was teaching Chemistry and Make-up I thought I would share one of my favorite Lip Balm recipes.
2 Teaspoons Oil (any of the following, Almond, Jojoba, Mineral, Olive )
1/2 Teaspoon Grated Beeswax or Beeswax Pellets
1/2 Teaspoon Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter ( I use cocoa butter~ buy stick at dollar store! =)
Any Flavored Oil To Taste ( I use candy flavoring, it tastes and smells good)
1 Vitamin E Capsule (as a preservative) (optional)
To make a gloss add 1-2 t. vaseline
To add color 1/4 to 1/2 tube of lipstick. Have a favorite color you have to dig out of the tube?
For sheen..mineral powders.. Mineral eyeshadow works well :)
Mix first 5 ingredients in a babyfood jar. Other ingredients may be added at this time.
Place jar 1/2 way up in a bowl of boiling hot water which will act as a double boiler.
Use popsicle stick or plastic knife to stir until all beeswax is melted.
Pour into lipgloss container. Let cool completely before using.
Containers may be bought at http://www.lipbalmtubes.com/ click on small pots and jars:)
These are fun to make for the holidays!

No comments:
Post a Comment