Friday, January 23, 2009

Old book gets new life

















So I love Altered Books. There is nothing like taking an old worn out book and giving it a new life.

Here is an old worn out book I found at a garage sale last summer and I finally decided to give it some TLC




I began coving it with Gesso and gave it some texture using rubber stamps. Once it dried I gave it a few coats of glaze, brown, green then pink. I added an image transfer to it and here it is so far. I will be working on it and will share my progress as I go.


It's going to be cold and snowy here this weekend but it won't affect me one bit! LOL I will be huddled up in my art room working on my book, listening to music, visiting with my daughter who is here for the weekend to do artsy stuff with me. She is going to K-State and one of her classes is a 3d art class so she will be working on a project as I work on my little project; only mine won't be for a grade:) So off we go now.. . Happy Creating!

1 comment:

Missy Trent said...

Very nice, Lori!!!!!! Welcome to blogland! You'll love it...it will become a part of YOU and your daily routine! Love ya~ Missy

About Me

My photo
So this is the part where I tell you about me. Hmmm well, I'm Lori, mother of 4 grown children, wife of one very kind and patient man, fan of coffee and smoothies, reading others blogs, connecting with friends. I'm obsessed with cars, music and art. Lover of animals as you will see tons of pics of my fur babies. I live in the exciting state of Kansas. No Kansas is not all flat, just most of it! I have been a hairdresser for over 25 years, 12 of which I taught. You can usually find me texting on my phone, watching a good movie, reading a good book, diddling in something artistic whether it looks good or not,playing in the garden, doing hair, cooking,shopping online and dreaming about all the things I think I need but never buy,messing with my car or out and about just driving because it feels good. or just being out and about with my friends or family. I made the dream of Salon ownership happen and I am now a proud grandmother of Loren born July 17, 2011 :-)